Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why my calling is Teddy Bears

Leila my daughter age six with her beloved Pan-pan




Since watching all the heartbreaking news coming out of Moore, OK my heart has been heavy and feeling like I had to do something, but what?  We are a family with four small children, we have really no extra cash, our pantry is pretty bare and really I feel it would be disheartening to send some lima beans that have been there for months because we wont eat them.

As I was driving my kids around today I was thinking about what I could do, as an artist I am hoping to find some groups to donate some artwork for auction but I wanted to do more and in my daily thoughts in my van the thought of teddy bears came to the forefront of my mind.   My daughter is attached to her teddy bear Pan-pan, most of the stuffing is gone he is in poor shape but my girl, she loves him the most out of everything in this world after her family.  Pan-pan shares in her joys and calms her fears.

How many kids slept last night and now tonight without their beloved "lovie" their own pan-pan.  And I want to change that.  So lets do this!  I am going to try and collect as many bears as possible for as long as people keep sending me them.

I just started this journey today so bear (ha-ha no pun intended!!) with me while I figure out everything that comes with a fundraiser/collection.   I would love for anyone who reads this to spread the word here is a link to the facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teddy-Bears-for-Kids/317264511737405 

I am not the most eloquent writer and I wish I could express my heart better with words just know this I am a momma on a mission, and if I can help mend just one little's heart I will consider it a mission succeeded! 

Want to help, have contacts, want to get in touch, send me a message on facebook or email me:   teddybearsforcharity@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment