Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Guidelines

New or Used?


I am thinking its best if we send new stuffed animals or handmade, as much as gently used stuffed animals can also give comfort for right now it would be best if they are new (or newly handmade)

Is it JUST teddy bears?


Nope! Any stuffed animal that is soft and cuddly and a little one can hold on tight to it!

Then why the title : Teddy Bears for Kids?


Honestly for a frame of reference, but really any stuffed animal will be loved and treasured!

Big or small?


Any huggable size!  I have an age range of kids and smaller stuffed animals (think beanie baby size) are loved just as much as the larger/average size stuffed animal.

Where am I sending these stuffed animals?

As I am typing this I am working on a PO Box, because if my gut is telling me truth sending the bears to my home will be overwhelming for my post office!

What else can I do?


Spread the word!  Get groups together to collect bears (stuffed animals), and send them my way!

How long are you going to be collecting?


For as long as people keep sending me bears, Kids all over the world can give these stuffed animals a good home!  For right now the focus is Oklahoma, more specifically I am concentrating on Moore, OK with the devastation that happen at the schools and from there we will keep spreading the teddy bear love!

How are you getting them to Oklahoma?

I am going to be getting in touch with our local red cross (I am just outside of Madison, WI) as well as the boys and girls club who are working on a trailer right now to send goods.  I also have had a few in Oklahoma (outside of the tornadoes path) that have offered to help with getting me in the right contacts.

How do I contact you?

here, in the comments.  On facebook:  www.facebook.com/teddybearsforcharity  or via email: teddybearsforcharity@gmail.com

Who are you?

Im just a momma with the strongest feelings that I HAVE to do this, and that something so small as single bear could be the whole world to a child.  This is going to be huge friends, with your help!



Comments, questions, something I didnt cover?  Ask away!  As of this afternoon I hope to have an address so you can start sending over those teddy bears!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment